stone water tower
tree growing over
faucet at the well
an old well
ALL CONSUMERS OF BURLINGTON WATER
DROUGHT WATER EMERGENCY DECLARED
STAGE 3, EMERGENCY STATUS
Declared by Governor Colyer until further notice.
City of burlington is asking you to help us meet the requirement to reduce water consumption throughout Coffey County. We must reduce water production by 25% to avoid the need to impose stricter regulations (item 6 below). Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
City of Burlington Resolution 2018-03, adopted 8-15-2018, states:
SECTION 4. MANDATORY WATER CONSERVATION Mayor Stan Luke hereby calls on all water consumers to employ mandatory water conservation measures to limit or eliminate nonessential water uses, including but not limited to the following:
1) LIMITED OUTDOOR WATER USE before 10 a.m. and after 9 p.m. for Watering of Lawns, Plants, Trees and Shrubs, or Gardens, and other outdoor uses.
2) NO FILLING SWIMMING POOLS.
3) NO NEW WATER CONNECTIONS to the City's water distribution system, except connections of fire hydrants and those made pursuant to agreements entered into by the City prior to the effective date of the declaration of the emergency.
4) RESTRICTIONS ON COIN OPERATED SALES Facilities or Sites.
5) RESTRICTIONS ON USES OF WATER in one or more classes of water use, wholly or in part.
6) ADDITIONAL MEASURES MAY BE REQUIRED in the event that Burlington's Water Treatment Plant productions does not decline by 25% of its current weekly usage, City of Burlington may:
a) IMPOSE WATER RATIONING, based on any reasonable formula, including but not limited to, the percentage of normal use and per capita or per consumer restrictions.
b) IMPOSE BANS, either complete or partial, on waste of water.
c) IMPOSE WATER RATES during the emergency, by ordinance designed to conserve water supplies, as follow:
* higher charges for increasing usage per unit of use;
* uniform water charges for water usage per unit of use; or
* extra charges in excess of a specified level of water use.
d) IMPOSE any combination of the foregoing measure.